March 1, 2010

"Wait, what the hell is a 'cooley'?"

Okay so where did I leave off?

Ahh yes!

Thursday night
Mom arrived at the house at about 8 pm, and we all settled down and watched the Olympic skating and ate cheese and crackers. Wow I was happy to see her. A little piece of my life came back to me when she pulled up in the driveway. It completed me a little more. She looks good, healthy. She isn't smoking anymore, but she's now eating ridiculous amounts of gum. You win some, you lose some.

Friday
We woke up pretty early and headed up the lake to see people. We went to the restaurant and had breakfast and said hello to everyone and chatted for awhile. We got back to Kalso by noon. I packed up all my giveaway stuff into the car and we went downtown, paid off my tabs and stuff and I bought some sourdough bread to take with me. I said goodbye to Hana and Sunnyside. Mom and I headed to Nelson, went down to the mall and grabbed a few things, and then we met up with my old friend Kaelyn. We were going to give her a ride back to Kaslo. We left the mall and headed up to Still eagle, where I bought my hemp stuff. Then we stopped at the kitchen store where I found a beautiful wine rack for Marlene. Then we headed home. We got there about 5, packed the car with all my moving stuff and then we went down to the Kaslo Hotel for dinner. There was a $10 steak and fries special for their 1st year anniversary!. That was yummy. Marlene loved her wine rack. I was happy about that. We got back to the house and went to sleep around 10. I was soo tired, it felt way later.

Saturday
We woke up at 5 am and got ready to leave, left at about quarter to six and hopped on the ferry. The drive was long, 5am - 7pm. ick. It was fun though, mom and I scoped out places to live when we move from the city. We decided that we liked Coleman, which is about 6 hours from Kaslo, and 4 hours from Calgary. It seemed like a nice little town. We got in and unpacked the car. I organized my clothes and figured out what I was taking over to my new place. I stayed the night with mom instead of going out to Ben's party, which I was too tired to anyways.

Sunday 

Mom and I woke up pretty early again and got ready to go shopping for a phone for me and get groceries. The phone was a no go, they all wanted me to put money down because I've never had a phone before and so therefore have no credit record at all. We went and visited my grandma and then my aunt came to the mall with us again. I got to my new house about 5pm. Put away groceries and then just hung out with my new roomies. We watched Canada's next top model reruns, and then Marissa, Tanya and I watched 'The Breed', a very sadly directed b-movie about attack dogs on a deserted island. Went to sleep pretty late, 2 am, talking to Marissa about horror movies, and then at 8 I woke up, ate breakfast and been diddling around on the computer for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment