January 26, 2010

The first post.

Well hooray for new posts! I created this blog to keep track of the events that occur in my city life. As I am not yet in the city, the first little bit will be about getting there.
I live in a small town in B.C. I'm having trouble finding a job, and I'm out of a place to rent at the end of Feb. So, because most of my family lives in Edmonton and Alberta, I decided I would try it out. I was born there, but was moved out to B.C when I was young. I don't regret it one bit. I love this place.



The ups of moving to the city:
Meeting new people.
Getting a job.
Learning new life skills.
Eating as much sushi as I can.
Clubbing.
Access to so many things.
Closer to family.
Making new friends.
Experiencing different things.

The downs of moving to the city:
Different mindset.
Crime.
Drugs.
Risk of meeting the wrong people.
Risk of losing a sense of myself.
Risk of getting to caught up in things.
Leaving my horse.
Leaving my friends.

So, my current situation: I'm renting a place with a roomate. She just bought a house a few weeks ago and we are moving into this weekend. I'm moving to Edmonton at the end of Feb.

I'm feeling a little bit scared, as well as excited. I've met some amazing people there and I'm stoked on spending more time with them. I'm afraid of the things that I know come with change. Silly things, like maybe I'll upset someone, and it'll make things weird. I'm scared of finding out that some people may not be who I think they are. That always happens. It happened with my brother. He also lives in the city, I hope I can get close to him again. I'm excited about making money and eating sushi all the time. Trying ice wine and dancing at the clubs. I'm afraid of the mistakes I'm bound to make and the people I might end up hurting. I'm excited about working out regularly and swimming lots. I'm afraid I'll miss this place too much and want to come back.

Oh well. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment