February 25, 2010

MMM Raisin Toast!

So, recapping last few days:

TUESDAY
I hitched into nelson at 2pm after saying a quick hi and bye to Suzan. Met Smash at Sidewinders and had a cup of coffee. We talked about relationships and drugs and alcohol and then recapped on some adventures we'd been on. She drove me to the hitching spot at about quarter to six. 
Now I wanted to make a note on some of the people I got rides with, because it was a very interesting day. 
1st Ride: Mr. Ainsworth, this was not his actual name, this is just where he dropped me off. He was an older man that kinda looked like there was a bunch of pressure on the back of his head, his eyes stuck out a little and his jaw too. His right hand was a little deformed and completely fingerless. Usually, this would bother me, but it was all right. When I first saw it, my thoughts were either electrical blast/explosion or fire damage. Not ten minutes later did he mention that he was an electrician >.>. He dropped me off in Ainsworth after telling me all about how being a carpenter would be a better idea than electrician. I promptly agreed.
2nd Ride: Mr. Nelson/Sociopath, I've definitely gotten a ride with him before, I remember because I though he was just uber pessimistic about the world, but apparently he just isn't putting up with ANY bullshit in the world, so he offends a lot of people and comes off as angry. He blames it on his 11th grade sociology teacher. 
3rd Ride (homeward): Ms. Balfour, a native lady from northern B.C. She was really cool, we talked about status and residential schools. She mentioned that her cousin owns a carpentry company and it's going under.
4th Ride (homeward): Mr. Kaslo, I swear to god I knew who this person was, but he didn't know me so whatever. We talked about Edmonton and Calgary and partying and work etc.

WEDNESDAY
I woke up fairly early to 'wake up call' a friend in the city. We talked for about an hour and then I ate food, and went back to sleep for an hour. Manon called me at 10, and I got ready and hitched up the lake. I washed windows and super cleaned out the stalls and re-bedded them. Then I got a ride over to the barn at about 4. Fiona was there and we got Spirit, Luke and River ready and saddled up. Jackie was going to come riding with us and so I had to ride bareback, which was fine. Jackie showed up and we headed out, we stopped at Jackie's horse's barn and brought her beautiful arab along with us. Jackie was really nervous, because she's a nervous person and so River started acting up a little. She ended up getting off near the end of the ride and just walking back. I enjoyed the ride. Spirit was a little angel.
Fiona and I got back to her house and watched the olympic women's two-man bobsleigh. Canada took Gold & Silver. We ate dinner and I was pretty tired by 8, so I went to bed.  

TODAYI got up really early and went over to Manon's to finish up the hours I owed her. Washed more windows and cleaned the stove and then did a quick job on the stalls again. She had some clients in from Kaslo and I got a ride back in with them. I called mom, who's made it to Jasper already! Now I have to do laundry and pack up all the little loose items I won't be needing for tomorrow or Sat. Then I need to go visit Tim and Harmony and the Twins. At this moment though, a hot bath and a nap seem pretty nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment